VPS is an intermediate option between shared hosting and a dedicated server . This is the middle ground for customers who need few shared hosting resources, and a dedicated server for them is an expensive solution.
Advantages and differences of VPS from shared hosting:
- VPS media contains significantly fewer clients; therefore, server resources are divided into fewer users;
- access to the server with root privileges;
- between VPS resources are distributed in such a way that you are guaranteed to receive the resources laid down by the tariff plan;
- the ability to install additional software or reconfigure system software;
- the ability to configure any system and application parameters according to your needs;
- the ability to delete, add or modify any files in the system;
- the ability to fully control all processes running on the VPS;
- Each VPS owner has ssh access, personal web, mail, ftp servers, etc.
- the ability to restart your VPS.